John Cottis Lettings & Property Management Agents in Stanford-le-Hope
In the last few years property lettings have dramatically increased. Lettings and Property management is now a critical part of the service we offer. Our staff are well trained, knowledgeable and develop a great rapport with our landlords and tenants in Thurrock.
As a company, we want not only our clients (Landlords) to be happy but our tenants too. We want all parties to be fully aware of their rights and obligations so as a client landlord or a tenant, you will have a trouble-free let. Clear, open and honest communication is an essential part of this service.
Get in touch with us now on 01375 676655.
When you instruct us to let your property, we promise:
- You will receive an honest and realistic rental valuation
- We will include your property details on our website & related sites
- We will accompany prospective tenants on viewings & give you feedback
- You will deal with a team of fully trained, professional staff
- We will always be friendly and approachable
LET ONLY SERVICE
Included in our letting services are the following – we will:
1. Carry out an initial inspection and appraisal of the property and provide our opinion of expected rental value, furnishings, and other pertinent matters.
2. Advertise the property as necessary or appropriate.
3. Arrange appointments for prospective tenants to view the property and accompany them where necessary.
4. Introduce a prospective tenant and take up references for your approval.
5. Instruct fully qualified engineers to carry out Gas and electrical safety checks when requested by you, the cost to be debited from your account. Prior to tenancy commencing a comprehensive inventory be prepared including meter readings
6. Prepare, execute (if necessary) and complete the tenancy agreement with appropriate legal notices.
Collect the first month’s rent and hold the deposit (unless otherwise instructed by you the landlord) as stakeholder from the tenant (deposit to be protected by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme).
LET AND COMPREHENSIVE MANAGEMENT SERVICE
In addition to all services explained in section above – we will also:
1. Hold the deposit as stakeholder during the tenancy (deposit to be protected by the Tenancy Deposit scheme).
2. Demand and make all reasonable effort to collect the rent from the tenant.
3. Monthly statements of accounts will be prepared by our office and rental payments issued in accordance with your instructions.
4. We shall undertake management inspections approximately every 12 weeks to ensure your property is being maintained properly as per the tenants obligations as stated in the Tenancy Agreement.
5. We shall deal with day to day maintenance matters.
6. We shall check the inventory and schedule of dilapidations at the expiration of the Tenancy, negotiate and agree any damages (if necessary) on your behalf and make appropriate deductions from the tenants deposit (deductions to be agreed in writing by both agent/landlord and tenant).
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATES (E.P.C’s).
With effect from the 1st. October 2008 all rented properties with a new tenancy in England and Wales will be required by law to have an EPC The EPC will remain valid for 10 (ten) years. There is a fine for non-compliance.
COMMISSIONS AND FEES
Commission fees become liable for payments when a tenant introduced to you by us (whether directly or indirectly) enters into the occupation of the property or any other property owned by you, whether negotiated by us or not, and is subject to the following terms:
LET ONLY FEES: One month’s rent inclusive of V.A.T
LET AND MANAGEMENT FEES: One month’s rent inclusive of V.A.T. plus 10% of rent including V.A.T. collected from the second month and thereafter through the duration of the Tenancy.
1. In the event that a tenant or any other person introduced by us purchases the property, whether negotiated by us or not, then the commission will be payable to us by you on completion of sale. The commission will be calculated at 2% of the Sale Price including V.A.T.
2. In the event that management is taken away from John Cottis & Company in order for you to manage the property yourself occupied by a tenant introduced by us AFTER the tenancy has commenced, we reserve the right to charge a one off commission of one month’s rent inclusive of V.A.T.
ADDITIONAL LETTING FEES INCLUDING V.A.T.:
- Smoke Alarms – Supplied and fitted. £50. Each.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Supplied and fitted £50. Each
- Court attendance - £25 per hour plus travel expenses.
- Deposit disputes fee - £25. Per hour plus travel expenses.
The information given above is provided to ensure you are fully informed of any fees and costs involved in Letting a property with John Cottis & Company.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON OUR FEES PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF
The Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme is a compensation scheme run by Propertymark. Our Clients money is protected by this – Our Scheme Ref is C0002938
Registered proprietors Temp/Green Ltd, Trading as John Cottis and Co. Registered in England No.1534107
Registered Office: 21 Lodge Lane, Grays, Essex, RM17 5RY