LET ONLY SERVICE
Included in our letting services are the following – we will:
1. Carry out an initial inspection and appraisal of the property and provide our opinion of expected rental value, furnishings, and other pertinent matters.
2. Advertise the property as necessary or appropriate.
3. Arrange appointments for prospective tenants to view the property and accompany them where necessary.
4. Introduce a prospective tenant and take up references for your approval.
5. Instruct fully qualified engineers to carry out Gas and electrical safety checks when requested by you or where you have failed to do so, the cost to be debited from your account. Prior to tenancy commencing a comprehensive inventory and schedule of dilapidations will be prepared. This will also include meter readings and the relevant utility companies shall be notified.
6. Prepare, execute (if necessary) and complete the tenancy agreement with appropriate legal notices.
7. Collect the first months rent and hold the deposit (unless otherwise instructed by you the landlord) as stakeholder from the tenant (deposit to be protected by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme).
LET AND COMPREHENSIVE MANAGEMENT SERVICE
In addition to all services explained in section above – we will also:
1. Hold the deposit as stakeholder during the tenancy (deposit to be protected by the Tenancy Deposit scheme).
2. Demand and make all reasonable effort to collect the rent from the tenant.
3. Monthly statements of accounts will be prepared by our office and rental payments issued in accordance with your instructions.
4. We shall undertake management inspections approximately every 12 weeks to ensure your property is being maintained properly as per the tenants obligations as stated in the Tenancy Agreement.
5. We shall deal with day to day maintenance matters.
6. We shall check the inventory and schedule of dilapidations at the expiration of the Tenancy, negotiate and agree any damages (if necessary) on your behalf and make appropriate deductions from the tenants deposit (deductions to be agreed in writing by both agent/landlord and tenant).
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATES (E.P.C’s).
With effect from the 1st. October 2008 all rented properties with a new tenancy in England and Wales will be required by law to have an EPC The EPC will remain valid for 10 (ten) years. The fine for non compliance is £200.00. We are able to carry out an EPC for you at a cost of £55.00 including V.A.T.
COMMISSIONS AND FEES
Commission fees become liable for payments when a tenant introduced to you by us (whether directly or indirectly) enters into the occupation of the property or any other property owned by you, whether negotiated by us or not, and is subject to the following terms:
LET ONLY FEES: One months rent inclusive of V.A.T
LET AND MANAGEMENT FEES: One months rent inclusive of V.A.T. plus 12’% of rent including V.A.T. collected from the second month and thereafter through the duration of the Tenancy.
1. In the event that a tenant or any other person introduced by us purchases the property, whether negotiated by us or not, then the commission will be payable to us by you on completion of sale. The commission will be calculated at 2% of the Sale Price including V.A.T.
2. In the event that management is taken away from John Cottis & Company in order for you to manage the property yourself occupied by a tenant introduced by us AFTER the tenancy has commenced, we reserve the right to charge a one off commission of one months rent inclusive of V.A.T.
ADDITIONAL LETTING FEES INCLUDING V.A.T.:
- Smoke Alarms – Supplied and fitted. £38. Each.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Supplied and fitted £42. Each
- Legionella risk assessment - £72.00
- Gas safety certificate - £54.00
- Court attendance - £25 per hour plus travel expenses.
- Deposit disputes fee - £25. Per hour plus travel expenses.
The asking rent does not include letting fees. Depending on your circumstances and the property you select, the letting agent may also supply the following upfront fees:
General administration fees:
- Reference fees (including credit checks, bank, guarantor, previous landlord etc)
- Application fees
- Fees for drawing up tenancy agreements
- Inventory fees including check in and check out fees
- Guarantor arrangement/application fees
- Additional occupant fees
- Pets disclaimer fees/additional pet deposit
Fees may be charged on a per person, or per property basis and will vary from agent to agent, so confirm before viewing.
BEFORE YOU MOVE IN:
- Administration costs for preparation of tenancy of; £350.00 including V.A.T. (single or couple)
- Sharers (additional) £200.00 including V.A.T.
- Referencing (identity, immigration and visa confirmation, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers/landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability) as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the tenancy and agreement.
- Additional tenant fee £200.00 including V.A.T.
- Processing the application associated paperwork and referencing
- Guarantor fee £75.00 including V.A.T. All housing benefit applications require a guarantor or low income tenant ratio.
- Covering credit referencing and preparing a deed of Guarantor as part of the Tenancy Agreement.
- Permitted Occupier fee £100.00 including V.A.T. per permitted occupier if required.
- Explaining to any permitted occupier their rights and responsibilities towards the named tenant (s) and landlord (s) as well provision of documentary guidance and assistance during the tenancy.
PLEASE NOTE: THE PROPERTY WILL ONLY BE RESERVED ONCE ADMINISTRATION AND REFERENCING FEES ARE PAID AND THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT AGREED. THESE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Accompanied check-in fee (free).
- Preparing an Inventory and schedule of condition of the property.
- Pet deposit returnable additional security deposit is dependent on the property type.
- To cover the added risk of property damage. This will be protected with your security deposit in a Government – authorised scheme and may be returned at the end of the tenancy.
DURING YOUR TENANCY:
Amendment fee £50.00 including V.A.T.
Contract negotiation, amending terms and upgrading your tenancy agreement during your tenancy.
Renewal fee (tenants share) £50.00 including V.A.T.
Contract negotiation, amending and upgrading terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement.
ENDING YOUR TENANCY:
Check out fee (tenants share) £nil
Attending the property to undertake an updated schedule of condition based on the original inventory and negotiating the repayment of the security deposit (s).
Future landlord reference fee £ nil
Collating information and preparing a reference for a future landlord or letting Agent.
OTHER FEES AND CHARGES
- Lost security items £nil
- Obtaining a necessary permissions sourcing providers and travel costs Out of hours Services £100 per hour (including V.A.T.) plus any actual costs incurred.
- Where actions of the tenant results in the agent (odr nominated contractor) attending the property time to remedy the situation is charges at the hourly rate.
- Unpaid rent/returned payments Interest at 8% above bank of England base rate from date due.
- Professional cleaning (if required) £30.00 including V.A.T. per hour which will be deducted from the security deposit only charged where professional cleaning is necessary to return the property to the same condition as at the start of the tenancy.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON OUR FEES PLEASE CONTACT A MEMBER OF STAFF
We are part of the National Federation of Property Professionals. The Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme is a compensation scheme run by the National Federation of Property Professionals (NFoPP) which provides compensation to landlords, tenants and other clients should an agent misappropriate their rent, deposit or other client funds. Our Clients money is protected by this scheme.
Registered proprietors Temp/Green Ltd, Trading as John Cottis and Co. Registered in England No.1534107
Registered Office: 21 Lodge Lane, Grays, Essex, RM17 5RY